West-Side Scholars Academy
W.S.S.A. is our Saturday Academic and social enrichment program for families with children in grades 5-8. The Academy meets two Saturdays a month, culminating in a summer international travel experience! Throughout the year, our scholars learn Spanish, receive high-end instruction in core academic subjects, compete in oratory and debate, and develop essential life skills (from character development, dining etiquette to changing a car tire).
W.S.S.A. is designed to engage, educate, and inspire students in grades 5-8 to reach their maximum academic, intellectual, social, and moral potentials and to build ethical, community-oriented leaders. For more information about WSSA, visit the website www.wsscholarsacademy.org
- Improved academic achievement
- A school-to-career focus.
- Exposure to colleges, universities and other Cultures internationally
- Enhanced skills in problem solving, critical thinking, communication, presentation, leadership, interpersonal and analysis
- An active parent support network equipped with knowledge and guidance to effectively partner with the student and their school.